Registration Terms and Conditions for Learners
Please read the terms and conditions below carefully. Do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further clarification.
- For self-sponsored individuals, full payment is required prior to course start. Your registration is not confirmed until payment is received.
- As cheques take time to clear, we recommend paying by Credit Card / Debit Card / Paypal to ensure your registration for the stated course is confirmed.
- In the event you would require an invoice to be issued before payment, please email us at email@example.com quoting your name, course details such as course title, course date and time.
- If you do not meet the requirements for the available funding, RCTC will bill you the full course fee.
For changes to course date, time and/or venue by RCTC
- RCTC reserves the rights to make changes to a course. Changes are in relation to course date, time and/or venue.
- Applicants will be informed of the change. An email message confirming the change must be sent at least three (3) days before the original scheduled dates/course, or as soon as possible when the changes are confirmed if these changes are made less than three (3) days before the original scheduled dates/course due to extenuating circumstances.
- If applicants have already made payment, they may choose to accept these changes, defer to a later course, or seek full refund of course fees.
For cancellation of courses by RCTC
- RCTC reserves the rights to cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances. Every effort is made to inform learners as soon as possible of the cancellation. For cancellation of courses by RCTC, fees received are refunded in full.
- Cancellation can be due to (but not limited to) to following reasons:
- low enrolment numbers resulting in deficit (more direct costs than income generated)
- cessation of business operations for regulatory or legal reasons
- Applicants must be informed of the cancellation. An email message confirming the cancellation must be sent at least three (3) days before the original scheduled dates/course, or as soon as possible when the cancellation is confirmed if the cancellation is made less than three (3) days before the original scheduled dates/course due to extenuating circumstances.
- If applicants have already made payment, they will receive full refund of course fees.
For Deferment, Replacement and Withdrawal Requests by Applicants
RCTC provides some flexibility to applicants (self-sponsored individuals and company-sponsored individuals) who have made payment and wish to defer or withdraw from the course applied.
- Applicants who wish to defer their training place must submit reason(s) in writing.
- If notice of deferment is given by applicants before course commencement, RCTC will facilitate a re-scheduling, provided there is another scheduled run in the same Financial Year. If there is no scheduled run, the application will be cancelled and full course fee refunded.
- If notice of deferment from applicants is given after course commencement, each request will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Requests made with valid reasons will be considered. In the event the deferment is not granted, full fees will apply.
- Deferment is not allowed for VCF funded courses.
- Requests for replacement of applicants are allowed for employer-sponsored applicants.
- The company is required to submit the request at least 1 week prior to course commencement.
- Replacement is not allowed for CTG funded courses.
- Requests for withdrawals must be made in writing by the applicant and subject to the following refund policy.
If Written Notice of Withdrawal is received:
100% of course fees (less administration and finance fees, if any)
More than or equal to 28 days before course commencement
50% of course fees (less administration and finance fees, if any)
Between 27 days and 8 days before course commencement
10% of course fees (less administration and finance fees, if any)
Between 7 days and 1 day before course commencement
On or after course commencement date
WSG Funding Eligibility
- Funding from Workforce Singapore (WSG) is applicable to Singaporeans and PRs who are professionals working with persons with disabilities.
- Participants are required to submit an implementation plan to WSG through Rainbow Centre Training and Consultancy 3 months after this course. This can be in the form of an aquatic treatment plan that is covered during the course. A template will be provided during the course.
- Failure to submit an implementation may result in clawing back of funding.
- WSG and/or its nominated representatives may request for full access to information of trainees when deemed necessary for the purposes of conducting effective surveys or audits in relation to this course.
e2i Funding Eligibility
Funding is only applicable for *Singaporeans and *Singapore Permanent Residents who are current employees of Student Care/Tuition Centres/Enrichment Centres or Social Service Organisations. They must also not already be receiving other funding from government sources for this workshop. 100% attendance is mandatory.
In the event an individual who is not eligible for funding signs up and pays the funded course fee, RCTC reserves the right to bill the outstanding amount (unfunded portion). RCTC’s decision will be final.
Personal Data Protection Act
Please note that videos and photographs may be taken during the training for coaching and publicity purposes.
By submitting this online application, you agree that Rainbow Centre Training & Consultancy may collect, use and disclose your personal data, as provided in this registration form, or (if applicable) obtained by our organisation as a result of your registration, for the following purposes in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012:
- Administration of your training registration process
- Application of the various government funding pegged to the course
- Publicity, research and profiling purposes
Prior to course commencement
- Download the free Zoom application on your laptop and sign up for a free Zoom account.
- When signing up for a free Zoom account, please use the email address you have provided us during registration. It is a requirement for us to authenticate your identity on Zoom during training and assessment using the email address you have provided us during course registration.
- Get organised and prepare a set of stationery (pens, pencils, highlighters, writing paper, and etc.) as you may wish to make notes during the session. If you have been given learner notes prior to the session, you may wish to print them on your own (if you prefer hard copies) or save them on your desktop screen for easy retrieval.
- If you need technical assistance prior to course commencement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find a location that has strong WiFi signals. Ensure your location is quiet and free from distractions. Use a meeting room or a quiet corner for an optimised learning experience. Connecting in from a noisy location or where there are constant movement can be distracting for you and other learners.
- Log on 10 to 15 minutes prior to training commencement using the Zoom account that is linked to the email address that you have provided us during registration. It is a requirement for us to authenticate your identity on Zoom during training using the email address you have provided us during course registration.
- Logging in early before the course starts allows you to adjust your technical settings on your laptop and settle down. Coming in late can be disruptive to other learners and the trainer. You may also find it challenging to assimilate virtually.
- Enter your display name on Zoom as per your NRIC. It is a requirement for us to authenticate your identity. Screenshots of all learners with their display names as per their NRIC will be taken before and at the end of the training. These screenshots will be kept secured and strictly confidential. These will only be made available for funding audit purposes.
- Keep your webcam on during training. This is part of the process of ensuring your attendance during training and for audit purposes. If you are using a work laptop from your organisation, the camera function may have been disabled. You will need to enable it. If you do not have the admin password to change your laptop settings, please contact your IT department.
- A full video recording throughout the training duration will be made by the trainer. This video recording is for funding audit purposes and will not be used for any other purposes.
- Use a headphone or earpiece that has a microphone as this helps with clarity when listening and speaking.
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking. This cuts off the background noise that can be distracting to everyone. Remember to unmute before speaking.
- Send a message in the chat function if you need to excuse yourself for a short moment.
- Take turns to speak. Having concurrent conversations is unproductive and is often amplified as noise in the virtual world. If you need urgent attention, raise or wave your hand in the camera before speaking.
- If you need assistance during training, please inform your trainer. Where necessary, your trainer will get in touch with our course administrator and/or IT personnel to assist you.
- Ensure you are logged on Zoom using the Zoom account that is linked to the email address that you have provided us during registration. It is a requirement for us to authenticate your identity on Zoom during assessment using the email address you have provided us during course registration.
- Enter your display name on Zoom as per your NRIC. It is a requirement for us to authenticate your identity. Screenshots of all learners with their display names as per their NRIC will be taken before assessment commences. These screenshots will be kept secured and strictly confidential. These will only be made available for funding audit purposes.
- Keep your webcam on during assessment. This is part of the process of ensuring your attendance and assessment authenticity during assessment and for audit purposes.
- A full video recording throughout the assessment duration will be made by the assessor. This video recording is for funding audit purposes only and will not be used for any other purposes.
- You are not allowed to talk or send chat messages to other learners during assessment. The private chat feature on Zoom will be disabled during assessment.
- Submit your assessment individually upon completion of assessment. Follow instructions provided by the trainer.
- If you need assistance during assessment, please inform your trainer who will be present during assessment. Where necessary, your trainer will get in touch with our course administrator and/or IT personnel to assist you.